Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Thursday Publix Run 1/7/10


I did my Publix run today instead of on Sunday so I could get the penny deal and just in case it snowed and I wasn't able to get out for awhile(you know us Georgians freak when any slightly bad weather comes and everything closes!! Hee hee!). So anyways, here is what I did and the great steals I was able to score!

My Steals:
2 Lender's Bagel BOGO $1.99($.99)= $1.99
3 Hunt's Ketchup BOGO $1.75($.88) =$2.55
2 Tostinos Pizza- personal sized $1.25 each= $3.75
2 Nabisco Teddy Grahams   $2.99
Lean Ground Beef $5.23
4 Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Hot dogs BOGO $4.99($2.49)=$9.98
2 Nissin Chow Mein Noodles $.89($.44)=$.89
1 Baker's Joy Spray $2.50
1 4pk of Take n Toss Cups $3.29 (but I don't toss, until broken!)
1 Aveeno Shave Cream $3.19 ( I am all out)
1 First Aid Kit $1.47 (located by pharmacy in travel size section)
2 Midol Max Gelcaps $5.19 each=$10.20
2 Sundown Fish Oil vitamins $4.99 each=$9.98
Bananas 1.60lbs @ $.69= $1.10
2 Egg Beaters $2.79
1 Therma Care Heat Wrap $6.99
1 Publix Tortilla Chips $PENNY DEAL(Reg. $2.59)
Used:
- Penny deal printed coupon given to me at the customer service desk (I'll explain at bottom of post)
-$1/2 Lender's Bagel printable
-(2) $.55 Egg Beaters blinkie
- B2G1 Hunt's ketchup from All You
-$2/2 Nabisco Crackers printable
-$6/2 Sundown Publix coupon
-(2) $2/1 Sundown man. coupon
- $3/1 2ct+ Therma Care printable
-$3/1 2ct+ Therma Care Publix coupon
-$2/1 J& J First Aid Kit Publix coupon
-$1/1 J&J First Aid Kit man. coupon
-$5/2 Midol Publix coupon
-(2) $2/1 Midol 20ct+ printable coupon
-$.75/1 Bakers Joy man. coupon
Total OOP: $36.95($73.26 before coupons)
Total Saved: $59.59(just in coupons $36.31)


Publix advertised the Tostinos Pizzas like they were on sale but if you look at the normal sticker, they aren't. I fed me and the boys on the two I bought and I still have two pieces left, but then I do sometimes eat like a bird! Ha ha! You only get about 4 small sized pieces out of each one, so keep that in mind if you do this deal! Also, Publix in Grayson(Hwy 20 and Cooper) does require that you have the coupon for the Penny Deal. It is located in the AJC Thursday edition. The Grayson location did not have anymore of the Thursday edition when I went tonight, so one of the girls at the Customer Service desk just gave me a printed one. So if went today you should have asked- Ha, I was going to say "If you go ask them for the printed one", but today is over and so is the penny deal. Anyways, the AJC Thursday edition cost $1. So an example of what the Penny Deal would have cost you if you had done it today:
1 Publix Tostidos Chips $2.59
+ $1 AJC Thursday Edition Paper to get $.01 deal coupon
- $2.58 to get the price to a penny with coupon you just bought
= $1.01 for the bag of chips
A pretty good price for a big bag of tortilla chips, but if you really just wanted the item if it was a penny then you are now out of luck! :-( Sad, but true!

No comments:

Post a Comment